TIPS FOR FRESHMEN ADMITTED FOR AUTUMN SEMESTER 2017
(Applicable for Overseas Chinese, Foreign Students of Chinese Origin and other Foreign Students)
We feel great delight in extending our heartfelt congratulations on your success in applying for admission to Jinan University and our warmest welcome to you. Given below are our tips on the procedure for entrance registration:
Ⅰ.Time for Entrance Registration
8:00AM~22:00PM9th September (Please register on time, arrival before or after the entrance registration is forbidden.)
Freshman Reception Venues are available to pick up new students at the following locations:
—Guangzhou Railway Station
—Guangzhou Railway East Station
—Guangzhou Railway South Station
—Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport
Please identify the reception venue marked Jinan University and the receptionists wearing Jinan University name tags.
Ⅱ.Venue for Entrance Registration
Those newly admitted to the undergraduate program ofClinical Medicine，Journalism (International Journalism) , Food Quality and Safety offered by the International School are expected to register at the reception venue of Shao Yi Fu Gymnasium, Jinan University, located at No.601 Huangpu Avenue West, Guangzhou (Shipai Campus).（广州市黄埔大道西601号邵逸夫体育馆内）
Those newly admitted to the undergraduate program(including International Economics and Trade, Accounting (CPA Canada), Finance, Pharmacy, Computer Science and Technology) offered by the International School are expected to register at the reception venue of Panyu campus of Jinan University, located at No.855 Xingye Avenue East, Panyu District, Guangzhou.（广州市番禺区兴业大道东855号）
Ⅲ. Materials Needed for Entrance Registration
1. “Admission Notice” issued by Jinan University, along with a photo-copy (A4 sized paper) to be submitted for verification.
2. Passport, entry visa, and 4 photo-copies of each (Information page, visa page, entry inspection seal page included).
3. Eight 1-inched photos (frontal, bareheaded), and two 1.5-inched photos (red background) for the purpose of credentials after entering school.
ⅣFees Paid Upon Entrance Registration ( The following listed items are to be paid at the Finance and State-owned Assets Administration Department of Jinan University.)
1. Tuition Charges (￥RMB/Academic Year)
International Economics and Trade, Finance, Journalism (International Journalism )
Pharmacy, Food Quality and Safety, Computer Science and Technology
Foreign students of Chinese origin and foreign students
Note:Tuition for Accounting (CPA Canada) program includes charges for teaching materials provided by the Canadian Accountants’ Association, the co-sponsor of the program, and a sum of￥6,000 for examinations conducted by the same.
2. Accommodation Fees (￥RMB/academic year)
Depending on the conditions of the dorm provided, each student will be charged a yearly sum of￥2,200-4,000, in the Shipai campus, for an apartment room shared by 2-4 students. If you will live in Panyu campus, you will be charged a yearly sum of￥1800 (shared by 4 students).
3. MedicalInsurance Premiums：According to the requirements of “The Tentative Provisions of Mandatory Insurance for Foreign Students in Colleges and Universities” by The Ministry of Education, all the foreign students in China are required to have group comprehensive insurance (including F.P.A, Personal Accident Medical Insurance, and Hospitalization Medical Insurance), premium is 600 Yuan per person per year. It’s collected once a year with tuition fee. Students can register only after they purchase the insurance.
4. Remarks for Attention
(1) Tuition, accommodation charges and medical insurance fee for foreign students shall be paid in one week of entrance registration.
(2) Travel expenses, meals, books, teaching materials, reference materials, small drawing instruments, etc. are all borne by students themselves.
Ⅴ. Some Considerate Reminders
1. According to the “Student Status Management Regulations of Jinan University”, newly admitted students must enter university on schedule. Those who fail to do so shall be considered as having given up their entrance qualification.
2. Physical Check-up
Newly admitted students are required to have a health check after entering school（fee:￥35RMB per student）and take a psychology test and evaluation (free of charge) as arranged by the school authority. Those who have been diagnosed as having a disease listed in the “Guidance Suggestions on Work of Physical Check-up for University Students” shall be persuaded to leave school.
3. Foreign students should present their “Admission Notice” while applying for a visa from the local Embassy or Consulate of the People’s Republic of China. According to the regulation laid down by the department concerned, foreign students of Chinese origin, and other foreign students, who come to China to study for more than one year, are required, while applying for a visa and going through the formalities for entrance registration, to submit for examination their effective medical certificate of AIDS blood serum check.
4. Those who illegally obtained qualification for entrance examinations and have been admitted or obtained the student status by cheating or by forging, altering relative personal information and/or by any other means of fraud, shall be disqualified for their entrance to the university.
5. Students who have been accepted by the school are required to have a “X” type visa before entering China.
6. It will be easy to handle a bank card of ICBC or BOC. Please sign your name, the date and write this sentence “I hereby authorize Jinan University to apply and receive bank card for me” on the copy of your passport.
7. To check information concerning freshman student such as registration notice, orientation information, tuition payment etc, please use your student number to log into freshman website (http://freshman.jnu.edu.cn) and fill in the student information page as requested.
8. For enquires regarding International School, please don’t hesitate to send us an email: email@example.com
Listed below are contact telephone numbers:
Admissions Office Tel: 86-20-85220130 Fax: 86-20-85221340
Student Affairs Department Tel: 86-20-85220040 Fax: 86-20-85220040
International School Tel: 86-20-85228852 Fax: 86-20-85228598
Center for Education & Management of Student Dormitory Affairs Tel: 86-20-85220410, 86-20-85226399